Suntech GM Suikei Keiryu Special 53

You can cast that sucker with one hand…especially at 4.5m. I cast it one handed at the 5.3m…it is not a problem. I never watched a video so there might be something I am missing, but I do not like the two handed approach to casting. I would rather deal with the fatigue or just drop to a shorter rod or in this case shorter length.

The downside of the longer rod is it is more difficult to perform some manipulations. The combination of the weight and regulating movement to compensate for a larger arc makes it hard to tune/adjust from my normal touch/application. If you employ a lot of tenkara manips…you will see what I mean.

If you are a level line guy…use what you use. If you are a furled leader guy…then I would recommend looking at my posts on Spiderwire. I have been using it and even a tapered version…definitelty dominant over the furled…and in my prefs…better than the LL. Shoot me your address…I will make you a line for that rod.

This river leopard fell to that rod. Pretty amazing the fighting power these rods have. That brown had no chance…hahahhaha.