Easter Surprise

The Easter bunny dropped off a package a few minutes ago! Can’t wait to try it out:

5 Likes

Wow, what an awesome rod!! Be sure to send the Easter Bunny some love.

1 Like

Which model did you get? I can’t wait to hear how it fished!

1 Like

The Seki Rei

How cool! What a wonderful surprise!

You should have been at the family Easter dinner this afternoon.
You could have joined in the debate about how old is too old to still be given an Easter basket.
I’ll bet you’d have been in the never to old column. Or would have switched to it right quick.

My wife, niece and I were talking about that topic at dinner tonight that you’re never too old to be a kid.

1 Like

Have you had a chance to cast the rod yet?

Not yet. I’ll be in New Mexico over the weekend and will give an update.

2 Likes

Fished for about 30 minutes this evening. Casts nice but no fish…yet.

3 Likes

My attitude - a rod that is fun / a joy to cast - makes not catching fish more tolerable, almost do not care. Almost. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I fished with the Seki Rei over the weekend. Very nice rod. It’s pleasing to the eye, the wood handle works good wet or dry and it easily handled the trout I was catching. I was using a #3.5 level line.

5 Likes

Wow great pictures, that rod looks incredible, can you describe it’s flex profile and action as you see it? Thanks for sharing.

It’s not full flex as you can see. The best I can describe it is that it would be between a 6:4 and a 7:3. Tip section is soft enough to cast a #3 but then the middle firms up. Fish under 8 inches put a little bend in the upper two sections.

1 Like

Sounds like the exact flex I like!

Beautiful color on that brown.

I think he’s been in that river a while.