Patagonia Temple Fork Outfitters - TFO - 11'6" Tenkara Rod for sale

This is the 11’6", Temple Fork Outfitters Soft Hackle Tenkara rod. Used once. Long out of stock. Designed by Yvon Chouinard and Craig Mathews. Based on a traditional Japanese method of fishing using only a rod, line and fly, I’m told its a 7:3 cation rod. I can’t find Penny-Rating for it but it handled my larger trout and smallmouth bass just fine. Very nice looking rod. I have too many rods (48), including two of this one. I got it in 2013 or so.

If you remember when these came out they were considered a very nice rod. Telescoping down to 20 and 20.5 inches, the Temple Fork Soft Hackle rods are perfect for the backpacking angler. The rods come with a spare tip, second section and line holder built into the rod sock to help organize your line when not in use. Includes the Dragontail Metal Tube as shown. Shipping to Continental U.S. only.

Have question, p.m. me please. Payment via PayPal only. NOTE: how do I attach photos?

$185 which includes shipping.

1 Like

Robert,
I purchased the 10’6" TFO Soft Hackle and the rod was about a 7:3 plus. I used it the first summer I purchased it, off and on, and then put it in long term storage. I unfortunately broke the tip while fishing on the James River near Richmond,VA. Thank heaven it had the extra tip. It is a good small mouth and large Blue Gill rod. Take care.

2 Likes