Welcome to the 10 Colors Tenkara Forum

This is a place for anyone to talk and learn about tenkara, a Japanese type of fly fishing. You can find out how others practice tenkara, keiryu, seiryu (or hybrids of all of them!), what equipment there is to use, where people fish tenkara and so much more. We hope you come here to stay up to date, learn, and connect with others.

This forum and site came about because of the hacking and impending shut down of the Tenkara Fisher forum and wanting a place to continue the conversation and learning about tenkara. There are also people like me who really like the forum format over other ways of communicating online.

The name comes from the Japanese saying 十人十色 (juu-nin to-iro) or a rough direct translation is: Ten people, ten colors. It’s the idea that everyone has their own tastes or way of doing things and that’s okay. This site fully supports 十人十色 and the idea that there is no right or wrong way to practice tenkara regardless of where you live in the world. There are long standing traditions from Japan and there are new styles and traditions being created there and elsewhere. Whatever your style and whatever you call it is up to you, we just want you to join the conversation.

Welcome to the forum on 10colorstenkara.com, we’re glad you’re here and hope you come back often.

I’m excited that you’re here. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to let me know by emailing me or sending me a private message. I want to make this the best user experience for everyone involved.

2 Likes