What are you listening to

3 Likes

Beautiful song and clip.

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

Not much music listened to on my endā€¦lots of podcasts though.

Dirtbag Diaries
MeatEater
Anchored with April Vokey
Two Guys & a River
Mountain & Prairie
The Knowledge Project
Terra Incognita

1 Like

There is a local low power AM radio station that plays a very eclectic mix of vintage popular, jazz, country swing, showtunes, and novelty tunes. They have a streaming site KBRD - The Worldā€™s Music Museum that I pickup through Shoutcast when Iā€™m in the car.
For quite awhile now I have been listening to many classic (Public Domain) audiobooks from Librivox.org when driving alone. right now I am nearing the the end of the 2 volumes of Don Quixote.

Some others that had me hesitating to get out of the car to fish include
South_Story_Shackletons_Last_Expedition_1914-1917_1110 Beasts_Men_and_Gods_1005

I talked with my son last Friday who told me he fondly recalls listening to Bruce Hornsby on the way to our fly fishing adventures.

2 Likes

and

ā€œBe mine, sister salvation
Juke joint Jezebel is coming for my cremation
Be mine, sister salvation
Closer now, see the revelationā€

Iā€™m addicted to book on tape, I listen to them daily.

2 Likes

NIN is always somewhere, Beatles, some trap my son turns me on to. Talking Heads, Childish Gambino, Frank Ocean, A Tribe Called Quest, Depeche Mode, Cabaret Voltaire, XTC, Pink Floyd, music is my soundtrack for sureā€¦

1 Like

Waggaki Band, Drops, Band Maid, all from Japan, all unique to say the least. Check them out on YouTube.

2 Likes

Old reggae from a friend here.

Lately a gal named Benee.

The Specials, Desert Dwellers, the Cramps.

ā€¦and the Clash.

Iā€™ve been getting ready for a 4 day trip with my son and I got to thinking about this piece. He and I have been in a couple of community bands together; one a community college jazz band where he played 1st (lead) 'bone and I played archtop guitar. The other was a combination brasswind concert band and jazz big band where he played 4th trombone and I played percussion in the concert band, and guitar in the jazz band. I used to get goose bumps when the concert band performed Gustav Holstā€™s ā€œFirst Suite for Military Band in E-Flat major Op.28-1ā€ during the majestic ritard following the big ā€œCā€ section build-up of the third movement. The Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra just nails the Suite and conductor Tatsuya Shimonoā€™s interpretation of that ritard truly brings out its majesty better than any other recording of the piece Iā€™ve heardā€¦ Wow!

2 Likes

That was really nice.