Where are you?

I live in Northeast Florida - home to prototypical tenkara water…

Seriously, lots of ponds and lakes to chase bass and bream which can be lots of fun. Originally from Pennsylvania, that’s where I got started in tenkara. Closest trout (my preference with tenkara tackle) to me are in Georgia, have even been known to share a stream with that @Owl_Jones guy…

Awesome, my wife and I finished up or to to Japan back in October with two days in Fukuoka. I love hakata ramen!

1 Like

Chris

Welcome to Fukuoka!
Plz feel free to ask me anything about Fukuoka!
I like Hakata ramen too!

1 Like

We loved walking around Hakata. Canal City was cool, and all the yatai on the canal were awesome. So much good food in Fukuoka.

1 Like

I’m from Timisoara, Romania and around me only warmwater is present. So I used to catch small chubs and roaches on tenkara method. Wild trouts require longer trips and free time is hard to find these days.

1 Like

Grayson and Mt. Rogers are great. Fantastic fishing around there.

1 Like

Currently in Hangzhou China. Lots of Carp and Koi everywhere. No trout. Closest reliable trout waters are Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Formerly based in Suburban Northern Virginia and fished any trout water within 3 hours drive including stocked urban creeks along 495. Hoping to hit up some new Japanese water in April when my visa is due for renewal.

1 Like

Martin, have you fished much in Korea?
I’ve been twice (a year each time), before i was into fishing, and will likely do another year starting in Jan of '19.

Not yet Chris, but I’ve read up on the trout species to be found there. We will definitely travel there while in China so its only a matter of time before I give a try.

If you are still in China when/if I wind up back in Korea, you gotta come over and we will chase some Lenok and Cherry Salmon together!

1 Like

I have been back and forth between China and Japan over the past year
My residential location in Zhejiang China
Lots of Carp and catfish

I will try tenkara to Carp and catfish :smile:

1 Like

I sometimes try carp fishing by Tenkara.
Carp are nice fighters like big trouts.

1 Like

Definitely look me up if ever in Hangzhou wher ein Zhejiang are you. I was just down in the South to Yentang Shan last weekend.

Definitely and if you want to visit China I can host. There is supposedly some native salmonids in a remote part of China,…

Hangzhou is the neighboring city
I am Two years work in Jiāxīng Shì
I am returning to Nagano in Japan now because of the 春節 (Chinese Holiday)

Hello, I live in a small town in south, central Wisconsin called Hustisford, population 1100. Im about 90 minutes from the famed “coolie” region of SW Wisconsin. There are literally thousands of miles of spring creek trout fishing here.

N. Texas. Fortunately there’s two stocked ponds here for trout during the winter. Closest river fishing is to the south in the Brazos River which is also stocked in winter. I have a 2nd home in NM 7 hours away and it is in the mountains. There’s a mountain stream there as well as access to some spring creek fishing on private land.

2 Likes

Just moved Tehama Co. California just south of Redding. I haven’t wet any flies yet but I have several creeks close to the house.

1 Like

Located in Pittsburgh PA, I mostly fish the wild brook trout streams of the Laurel Highlands in SW PA and my local warm water smallmouth creeks. Occasionally venture to central PA. The current location I’m in love with for tenkara though is SW Wisconsin Driftless. Tenkara Heaven!

2 Likes

Welcome, Anthony! It’s great to have you here!