Today on the water

очень хорошо сказано!

Very well said!

my son and I hiked up to some of the upper lakes and caught an unbelievable amount of beautiful Golden’s.

5 Likes

weather was fantastic, and we felt the 7.1 earthquake, trees where shaking and we felt like we were on a boat.

4 Likes

Wow ,what a lovely fish. Did the trout stop rising after the earthquake?

The earthquake hit after we had settled down for the evening and fixing dinner. I never felt anything like it.

Lovely. Thanks for sharing! I want to hit some stocked Golden lakes in WA this August but by design they are difficult hikes; both for distance-elevation gain, and route finding.

We fished at 11600 ft in elevation and had a total of 2200 ft of gain and loss on the hike. 6.2 miles directly in but we took a side trail up a second small bench so my son could get some photos.

1 Like

At the weekend I went fishing. Dorrga distant, 500 kilometers. We went pink. Mass move, once every two years. I really wanted to catch tenkara. The fishing was excellent, the fish were pecking well. Pink salmon weighs from 1200 grams to 1950 grams, this is what I caught. Many thanks to Toshiro Todoroki with a choice of flies. Caught from the boat. Tenkara practiced every fish break.

5 Likes

Pinks on a Tenkara rod? Impressive! What rod, line, tippet did you use?
Sadly, the salmon & steelhead fisheries here have been in a steady decline, and the 2019 Pink run here is projected to be low.

The first time I caught a pink salmon in 2017, on the tenkara rod. Russian brand Tenkara Prim. Recently, the company has released a new line of universal rods, 2.7m; 3.6 m and 4.5 m. It is called “Mountain Wind”, the price is relatively inexpensive 4000 rubles (~ $ 65). 4.5 meters for large fish. Cord # 4 level lain, lead 0.3 flycarbon and fly. Cord equal to the length of the rod.
http://www.tenkaraprim.ru/?wpsc-product=удилище-горный-ветер

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing.

When a large fish is hooked, the level line is pulled into a string and begins to cut the water and make an interesting sound. I kept thinking what this sound looks like? And remembered! Star Wars movie, lightsaber battle!х

2 Likes

Thanks! Forgive me but I’d like to make sure I understand the translation before I attempt it with any of my rods.

I think I understand Cord # 4 level line, length of the rod.
I am not sure I understand lead… 0.3 flycarbon (fluorocarbon?).
Referring to the Oni Line Size Chart
Is the lead 0.3 referring to the diameter of the #4 line or tippet in mm? If that is tippet that would be one tough rod! I’d surely break any of my rods and lose the fish.
Is the lead referring to a Japanese size 0.3 (tippet?) that is about 1.8 pound test? That’s very impressive! Not only from the skill to hold onto a fish that averages 2200 grams or 4.8 lbs, but to cast and turn over that fly!

I apologize for my translator, the difficulties of translation. Rod 4.5 meters, level cord # 4 --4.5 meters, driving material 0.2 mm-0.3 mm-50-70 cm long.

@brian_miller I believe that @vladimir is referring to tippet as being 0.2mm-0.3mm.

палантин. имеет ли это смысл для маленькой линии, привязанной к мухе?

Yes! That’s a fantastic sound…first time I caught a fish big enough to hear that I had no clue what it was until after.

1 Like

Yes, the sound is unforgettable!

Не понял вопроса.
Peder, I do not understand the question.

Какое русское слово означает маленькая строчка, на которую вы привязываете свою муху? Мы называем это «tippet» на английском языке.

What is the Russian word for the small line that you tie your fly onto? We call it “tippet” in English.

1 Like

Поводок.

1 Like